Friday, October 8, 2010

What We Are Up To!!

Well, we had our first voice lesson last night. It was an experience! We first learned voice exercises....like literal exercises! She said it helped the blood get flowing in your body which strengthens your voice. Then we did breathing exercises...which of course helps alot. And finally voice warm-ups. I don't know about the other girls...but I thought they were really hard! But the more I do them, the more I'll improve. :)
Then Ms. K helped us with our stage presence. (which we have never practiced before....really. And we needed it!!!) Next, she asked us to sing a song that we already know so that she could hear us and see what we need to work on. We sang Mighty to Save (which is a song we have never really sang together before...but we would love to learn it!) and then Do Lord. (which is part of our Sunday Medley)
She said she was impressed how well we harmonized together by ear. Sweetness! That's always a good thing to hear! But then she said that she wanted us to learn how to read music. We were all like, "Oh....." I mean, I really don't mind learning how to read music...but I would still like to do my own thing every once in a while too. She gave us two songs she wants us to learn before Christmas. The first one is the Trans- Siberian Orchestra Christmas Cannon...sung in 5 parts. Very pretty song I must say! And the second one is called Celtic Christmas. ... sung in 3 parts. I had never heard that one before but, anything Celtic is gorgeous!
So, I'm assuming that she already has an idea as to where we are going to perform these songs....which is rather exciting!
This is definitely going to help us get more serious about practicing and performing. But we must never forget who we are truly singing for. Not for ourselves, not for our audience, but for God and God only. He's the one who gave us our voices anyways! :)
Well, that's the view of me....Ashley. Don't worry, we won't tell you about every single voice lesson. Just wanted to let you know what we are now officially working on.
ta ta for now folks!
~Ashley~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.